One of the best parts of traveling around Epcot’s World Showcase is the food that is available to you. Some of it is so good, you will find yourself wondering if there’s a way Disney will part with the recipe for that dish you had so you could make it at home, and most of the time your in luck and your server will offer one of the restaurant’s “Recipe Cards”. Since we all cant make it to WDW as often as we’d like, we’re going to share some of the not to be missed dishes that you can now make at home!
This week’s recipe comes from quite possibly the most popular restaurant in Disney World, and that’s Canada’s Le Cellier Steakhouse! Served with the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon, the Mushroom Risotto is not only rich and flavorful but is a perfect side to the steak and herb butter sauce. Below is your ingredient list and method of prep! ENJOY!
1/2 pound mushrooms, roasted
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
to taste – kosher salt and black pepper
4 tablespoons whole butter
1 small onion
1 pound Arborio rice
7 cups beef stock
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
How to Prepare!
1) Clean mushrooms and toss with olive oil to coat, then add minced garlic and season with salt and pepper.
2) Put mushrooms in a lined pan and roast at 375° in the oven for 20 minutes, then set aside.
3) In a deep 6-quart pan, melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter over med-low heat
4) Saute the onions and season with salt and pepper until soft and clear
5) Raise heat to medium and add rice
6) Cook for roughly three minutes while stirring frequently until chalky and a white dot is clearly visible in the center of every grain.
7) Meanwhile, bring beef stock to a simmer
8 ) Heat cream and keep on low to keep warm
9) Start to add beef stock one cup at a time to the rice, making sure each addition has been absorbed by the rice before adding the next cup. Repeat until all of the beef stock has been added to the rice.
10) Fold roasted mushrooms into the rice and then begin adding the cream 1/2 cup at a time and begin to taste
11) When ready, the rice should be close to tender but with some firmness. Should be slightly loose with a creamy consistency and NEVER overcook to a mush.
12) Remove pan from heat, and fold in remaining butter and parmesan cheese.
13) Allow risotto to rest for a couple minutes then enjoy!
Did you fix this? Let us know how it turned out!!